Friday, September 14, 2012

Current Connections: "Healthy is the New Skinny"

The author, Stephanie Cary, of "Healthy is the New Skinny: Throwing a Few Curves at Model Myths" accomplishes her purpose for writing very well. Her purpose was to spread the news about the Perfectly UnPerfected Program. I agree with the article in every way, but I agree most with the fact that all the finished pictures in the media contain so much editing that the finished product and the original picture don't even look alike. I do not however agree with the author by her thinking the Perfectly UnPerfected Program could become viral. I was later proven wrong because if you search the topic, they're several websites about it. I can make a self connection to this article because I myself wish to be smaller. The only way I can think to become a more active participant in my learning is the read more articles over the same topic. Hopefully that would help.

No comments:

Post a Comment