Thursday, December 1, 2011

Is Cleanliness an Issue?

Some people believe hospitals are unsanitary, I am unsure of this assumption. I do believe however, that it was once an issue quite recently. February 2, 2011 VA Medical Center in St. Louis was temporarily shut down because of some unclean surgical equipment. I am glad that the medical center cancelled surgeries, and luckily before anyone was operated on with the unsterilized utensils. This particular place operates on veterans, I believe that our diligent veterans deserve much better care and extremely clean medical utensils when undergoing surgeries. This isn't the only filthy incident that occurred. In July, the VA had to send letters to 1,800 veterans explaining to them they could have HIV and Hepatitis from unsteraliation at the Dental Clinic. I do not believe in second chances on a topic this huge. First the cancelled surgeries, then in the summer another problem with unsteril equipment! Something so serious as disease should not be taken lightly especially when it comes to the people that fight for our country. I do believe that some hospitals are unsanatary and unsafe. I just hope the problem gets fixed soon, and for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment