Saturday, May 19, 2012

Survival Extents

I often wonder exactly what extent I really would go to in order to live. In anatomy we just watched a movie called The Island, this movie was about rich people who would get clones made so whenever they get old or need a new body part or organ, they would just take it from the clone. These people would spend 5 million dollars to ensure their survival. I probably would not go that far because I consider it to be cheating death.

Just because I would not  have a clone made does not mean I will not take action to survive. Because there are so many ways to die, I really cannot give an express how far I would go to live. Someone could be a million dollars if I was held at gunpoint that I would fight to the literal death, whether it be me or the gunman who died, someones going to. No one just points a gun at me and expects to have me by the strings like a puppet. However, if I am laying in a hospital bed brain dead, then I would want my family to "pull the plug" because I don't want to live if living would mean me being a vegetable, not retaining anything, that is not living to me.

Clearly the extent I would go to to survive anything surely varies depending on the situation. Mostly I would do anything, but I really cannot tell just yet because I have not been in a situation to where I had to choose right then....yet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment