Monday, January 23, 2012

My Thaughts on Frankenstein

My 2B English class will soon be instructed to read Frankenstein. At first I was not amused, but mostly because I don't want to read yet, another book. Then, I realized that this may be an interesting book to read because the story is a bit more on the fictional side, which I tend to enjoy. The fact that Frankenstein was written by a 19 year old girl is a little surprising. Considering the plot, I would picture an adult male to conjure this story,not a teenage female.

I do not know many detils about this book or the story, I have never even watched the movie. This book will broaden my view on the topic: can man create life? Well, they certaintly do, everyday. Maybe not "Frankenstein" life, but people? Yes. As far as the sorcerer's stone and immortality, I have no belief whatsoever.

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter series therefore I cannot connect Frankenstein to them, but maybe this book will bring me to read more. I doubt it but at least it will be interesting! I am ready to read Frankenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment